Re: [IPp] Silhouette versus other sites, numbing cream

I have a son who will be 2 on Saturday, we use the Quickset it is easy when
the serter works properly. It hurts for a second and then he is fine, we
don't use numbing cream.

"Natalie G Rodgers" <email @ redacted>@insulin-pumpers.org on
10/06/2003 02:12:43 PM

Please respond to email @ redacted

Sent by:    email @ redacted

To:    email @ redacted
Subject:    [IPp] Silhouette versus other sites, numbing cream

Sorry to have so many questions, but this is all so new to me.  Do most
people with young (under age 5) pumpers use the silhouette or its
equivalent?  My husband thought about trying other sites that are
injected in at a 90 degree angle because he thought changing the site
would be less traumatic, but I have heard that the silhouette is the best
for small children and those that are extremely slender.

Do many of you use numbing cream?  We have used it twice.  Once it worked
beautifully... she didn't even know I had insert the site.  The other
time, she screamed with pain.  Do many people buy this stuff, as it is
quite expensive?  Do you find it works well?  What are alternatives
people have found that work well (like icing it)?

Thanks for your input.

Mom to Andrea 4 (dx 1/28/03 pumping Cozmo 10/2/03), Alicia 2, Carlos 4

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!