Re: [IPp] Re: What the heck...

We've had a series of problems with pumping, we still absolutely love it,
but all the fine tuning and troubleshooting takes time. We've been pumping
3 months now and I 'think' we almost have it under control. First, we had
site problems, we solved those, then we had insulin problems, a switch to
Novolog solved that. Then, our first illness on a pump, we got through
that. Now, we are back to fine tuning basals AGAIN. I guess the fine tuning
of the basals will go on forever, but as long as the rest is out of the
way, we can breath a little easier. My point is to hang on, it takes time,
be patient, it will get better each month.
Take care,

"Kelly Blauvelt" <email @ redacted>@insulin-pumpers.org on
10/04/2003 07:43:11 AM

Please respond to email @ redacted

Sent by:    email @ redacted

To:    "CWD Parents List" <email @ redacted>,
       email @ redacted, "Catherine Schulz"
       <email @ redacted>
Subject:    [IPp] Re: What the heck...

 Maybe she's upset about all the problems with the school and it's
affecting her
blood sugar? Or is she getting sick? If you give an injection does it come

From: "Catherine Schulz" <email @ redacted>
Date:  Fri, 3 Oct 2003 21:14:10 -0700

>I cannot get Emma's numbers down on the pump (we've been pumping 2 weeks
 >She was just fine with the new basals and boluses, now, she's over 250 at
 >check, and lots of times over 300. I'm checking and correcting every hour
 >about, and her numbers won't budge. I've changed her set 3 times,
 >diluted to non-diluted and back again, re-primed the pump a half a dozen
>and no real change.  One unit is supposed to drop her 160 points (on U50),
>I'm lucky if I see a 20-30 point drop.  It was working a few days ago >(
 >I've had stubborn highs on Lantus and H, but nothing quite like this.
AND, the
>kid who never shows ketones is throwing a few.  Is this a common thing on
>pump?  Do you gradually just have to keep upping the insulin until things
>out for a while?  GRRRR
 >Mom to Madeline 9, Austin 7, Emma 4 dx 10/9/02 - pumping Cozmo 9/22/03,
>3, Genevieve & Gracie 1

Kelly, mom to Jillian 13, dx'd 2/6/01, Patrick 11 and Erin 3
Happily married to Steve

LifeScan, Inc. http://www.lifescan.com