[IPp] A1C finger stick test

Our doctor started using the new finger stick A1C 6 months ago. Jake's were
6.1 and 6.0 for the last two checks. They were never this good when blood was
drawn from arm.  I hope he is that much better, but was wondering if anyone
else's has changed significantly? Even when we felt we had good control for 3
months, his A1C was usually 7.2 - 7.5 until the new finger test.
         Also, we are in the process of upgrading to the 512, but i forgot to
ask about the backlight on the meter. Does anyone know if it has one? I use
Jake's at night all the time when checking. Thanks for any advise. Trena (mom
to Jake 12)