[IPp] Matthews Endo Appt

Just wanted to share our good news as well. Matthew had his endo appt today
and his HbA1c came back a 5.9
Three months ago it was 6.4 and before that it was an even 7.  So even though
I have always had great control with Matthew, having the A1c's in either the
low 7's or 6's....the pump has offered so much flexibility to let a kid be a
I also wanted to let you know that our trip to NYC for the Diabetes Research
Institute Conference was great fun and very educational.  I met a panel of
doctors one of them being Dr. Ricordi, who discovered the Islet Cell and has
transplanted them successfully into four patients in Miami, FL.  I also met
all four of the recipients. What an honor!
We are so close to a cure....if only they can find a way to transplant the
islet cells without having the patient need to take the anti rejection pills,
we'd be all set.
Fingers crossed everyone because the D.R.I. are doing wonderful things and
working so hard for all our children...and I heard that first hand.
I also wanted to share that I met Cindy from the POP list whose daughter is
Jessy and is an 8yr old.  A wonderful lady and I was priviledged to enjoy the
conference with her.  It was great meeting a fellow POP'er.  This list has
given me so much support and now wonderful friendships...

Victoria (7) Non-D...Love My kids!