Re: [IPp] Re: pop-digest V1 #236

Hi Barbara,

It was Dr. Wherrett that said she would put Megan on the pump if we wanted.  The
study that Megan was in was for the prevention of diabetes.  She was at high risk
for developing it and was diagnosed 3 months into the study.  I've heard great
things about Markham-Stoufville.  I know what you mean about it being a treat to
go to the hospital.  Megan, especially loves going because everyone makes her
feel so loved and special!  No matter how bad things are they always boast my
spirits as well.  Also, every year they have March Break day camps, weekend sleep
over camps (both without the parents), and a summer picnic.  For the parents they
have a monthly support group and a couple times a year they arrange workshops.
They are truly dedicated to their work!

Debbie