[IPp] Re: pop-digest V1 #236

Hi Debbie,
       That is so great that you had a paediatrician who was willing to start
a child on a pump.  Our paed. was dead set against Claire having a pump,
though he did say he would send the referral to the Endo.  I booked the
appoinment myself, and later found out that he never sent a referral--so I
would still be waiting!!
       Was it Dr. Wherrett at Sick Kids?  If so, she wouldn't start little
ones when we were there, but that was almost 2 years ago, so hopefully things
       What was the DPT study?  Whenever we were at Sick Kids we were always
asked if we were willing to be in studies.  However, Claire has 2 separate
problems and so she was always ruled out from participating.  I'm actually
glad we are living across the country now and cannot go to Sick Kids.  While
it is a great hospital, I found it so-o stressful making those trips there.
It would wipe me out for a week.  Her later endo was at Markham-Stoufville
Hospital and that was just a treat to visit.

Barbara, Mum of Claire 8