[IPp] Re:Blood Testing at school--now homeschooling

In a message dated 10/25/2002 1:15:35 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Very long story...has to do with Mary's need for Spec Ed....Ignorant teacher
> and the school's refusal plus additional health issues.....
> Beverly

Oh Beverly,
       I am so sorry that things haven't worked out well.  Yes, with schools
it usually is a "very long story".   My oldest (not DM) is in middle school
and I spent the last two days at the school trying to get into teacher
interviews, in particular with his math teacher.  I was totally stressed out
for 2 days because of this guy and his inflexibility to have my son re-do
tests he missed because of illness.  Now I will take it up with the
vice-principal.  I am just dreading when Claire is at middle school age and
having to deal with 8 different teachers and all their quirks.  And they are
almost impossible to talk to as here in Canada they have insisted that their
job is 9-3 and their lunch hour is for themselves.
       I know that a lot of people successfully homeschool.  So best of luck
to you and Mary, you will have some great times together with this.  Does
your district provide help with homeschooling parents?

Barbara, Mum of Claire 8