RE: [IPp] Blood Testing at school

-----Original Message-----
From: Susan Borkowsky [mailto:email @ redacted]
Sent: October 24, 2002 8:17 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: RE: [IPp] Blood Testing at school

This sounds like me too.  I am called a lot and go to the school a lot also
but I don't mind.  This way all the teachers assistants are trained the way
that *I* want them to be trained and because I work for a DER, the whole
team is involved.  I feel very supported but the system isn't perfect.  No
one is trained for glucagon, a flaw because no one can administer a shot and
there is no nurse.  I work at the hospital less than five minutes from the
school and there is lots of liquid sugar around to rub in his cheeks should
he ever get so low he loses conciousness.  So far that has never happened.
We test a lot.  Jon's sugars have been all over the place since we're off
the pump.  It is very frustrating.

Susan
Mom to Julianna - 17, Danny - 16, Katrina - 12, Jonathan - 5, dx 08/00,
pumping 03/02 - back to syringes due to horrible allergies of pump
products - 09/02, hoping to be pumping again soon, and Nicholas - 3
Wife to Alan