Re: [IPp] Blood Testing at school

Sounds like we both are going thru the same thing. I also get called a lot!!
But with being a school bus driver for my kids school, I do have flexibility
and free time during the day.  Last year I was at the school at least 3 times
a week. So far this year, I have not had to go in at all. His teacher this
year is wonderful, and I will be sorry to see her leave in Feb. to have her
baby. I hope her replacement is as responsible. The school nurse is also
wonderful, she really cares about Matt. But with it being a bigger elementary
school, she cannot come to him...so he goes to her. He does not really miss
class time for his tests because one is on the way to gym, on the way to
lunch, or right after recess. Unless he is feeling "low", which is happening
more often now.  There are always other children in her office for very minor
reasons, like a soar throat, or a band aid or calamine lotion....things that
I think should be handled in the classroom, or at least the classroom
teachers should make the kids wait until lunch or recess to go see the nurse,
unless of course it is important.
I hope that things get better as he grows, with him getting to be more and
more responsible with his diabetes management.

Victoria (7) Non-D...Love My kids!