Re: [IPp] Blood Testing at school

My son is also in kindergarten this year,he started the pump one week before
school started so we all learned at the same time. The nurse goes to him
because I did not want him and a buddy losing class time. They send his
meter home at the end of the week for me to download and empty. Well, this
week only had four days in it and there were 43 readings just from school. I
do think that is excessive, but too much is better than not enough. Some of
them were at my sons request because he felt low (and was). They really do
what ever I ask, but the nurse is a little paranoid about liablity so I
don't complain. I would try to get them to test in the room for less lost
time. I also want to add that until my son started school there the nurse
only visited 2-3 days a week, now there is one there for him every day. And
he is not the first or only child with diabetes. The other one is in 4th
grade, still on shots (why) and her mom is clinic trained and at the school
almost every day. I do not have that option, I have to work, so they have to
do it alone. I am available by phone (and I get called ALOT!)

   Good luck!!
Shari, mom to Jayson 5, dx'd 6/00

Get faster connections -- switch to MSN Internet Access!