[IPp] Blood Testing at school

Let me throw this question out there....

Matthew is in Kindergarten again this year, and this year since he is on the
pump, I have added some blood sugar tests that we did not do last year. Now I
am starting to think that Matthew is at the school nurse more than necessary.
 These are the times he gets tested:
Before lunch
Before gym
After gym
After recess
Re-tested 15min to 1/2 hr after a low blood sugar test.
He also goes to the nurse before and after gym to disconnect the pump, since
he seems to go low otherwise, and it is too much work to run a temp basal of
0.0 for those two days a week, since the times vary. Also disconnecting him
allows him to be more of kid and not worry about the pump for that 1/2 hour.
Do you all think that he is being tested too much????
He also goes to the nurse for all of his bolusing. After lunch and after
afternoon snack.

Victoria (7) Non-D...Love My kids!