Re: [IPp] Rough day in Waterloo, Ontario

Hi Colleen,

I live in Orillia, Ontario and I have a daughter in grade one.   The school
offered us the EA that is in the school for another child whenever Megan needs to
check her BS.  Our school just switched to the balanced school day so the EA
comes into Megan's' class  at 10:30 and 1:00.  Megan checks her finger and the EA
records it and treats for lows.  If  she needs help with anything she calls me.
Megan's teacher helps her whenever the EA is away or if she feels low.  I have
been really lucky in that the school is very supportive.  But we have also been
told to run her a little high at school just to be safe but when they are there 5
days a week, how can you do that?!  I know other schools that also have an EA
help out, would that be a possibility at your school?

Debbie Mom of Megan 6 dx'd 08/01/00, Madison, 4 and Gilllian, 1