[IPp] re: bubbles in the line

<<<<We have a minimed 508 and with both quickset and silhouette, we find that
when we prime both manually and with the pump that we cannot get rid of large
bubbles, no matter how much insulin we push out of the reservoir.  We have
been told there is backflow problems with the 508.
Does anyone have any experience out there?
Miriam, mom of Sarah>>>>>>>>>

Miriam, my son Luke, 7, has been on MiniMed 508 for 1 & 1/2 years - we only get
large bubbles if we don't warm the insulin up to room temp before filling.  We
do have tap the side of the reservoir pretty good when filling & again when
connecting the luer lock on the tubing to it.  We probably waste about
10-15units of insulin/fill.  We've used all 3 sets (sofset, quickset, sils) on
the 508 & have had pretty much the same experience on each.  Occasionally we
get a reservoir that doesn't seem to have good lubrication but otherwise no
issues with bubbles coming in.  If you're not warming up the insulin to room
temp try that.  Otherwise hope MiniMed comes up with something for you.

Good luck,

Do you Yahoo!?