Re: [IPp] Rough day in Waterloo, Ontario

I am not sure what the problem is with the school supervising the blood sugar
tests...I do see why won't supervise a bolus, since that is medication and
they probably don't want to be liable should an incorrect bolus be given that
results in a severe low. (law suits, etc). Doesn't the school have a nurse
who is supposed to be over looking the diabetes care while in school?  My son
would have been in first grade this year, but I kept him back to repeat K.
He tests on a good day twice a day and goes to the nurse for a bolus twice a
day for lunch and snack. On days when he is either high or low...mostly he
goes low at school, he can test 6 times a day. Seems like so much testing,
but at least I know he is safe while at school.

Victoria (7) Non-D...Love My kids!