[IPp] Rough day in Waterloo, Ontario

Dear Parents,

    Do some of you have kids in Grade one on the pump with diabetes?  How
often do they check while in school?   I am having trouble getting school to
supervise his check at 10am and 2pm.  I have been doing it since school
started but James is now testing his own blood.  They won't supervise a bolus
with him either.  UGH.  I called the clinic (McMaster University Hospital)
and the nurse says let him ride high instead of testing in afternoon.  Why do
that when that is what hurts him.   I feel like I can't do anything right -
it's too much testing for the school and not enough if I want to keep him
between 4 and 7.

    I am so very sad.