[IPp] I have to vent!

Hey Everybody,
Well, three weeks ago today, we drafted Jeffrey's 504 plan.  It had not been
signed because I said I wanted there to be a backup plan should Jeffrey have a
severe low and need Glucagon and the Nurse was out.  Apparently the state of
Alabama has mandated that no one be allowed to do any kind of invasive
procedure if they are not a nurse.  So they have been messing around with
figuring out how to get around that law. To recap, my son Jeffrey,7, was being
sent to the nurse four times a day with a "buddy" from his class, sometimes
the nurse was in another building, but even in his building it is quite a
walk.  A few times he showed up with a bloodsugar under 50. (Unacceptable,
So, when we had the 504 meeting, I said that I wanted him tested in the
classroom and everyone agreed, even the TEACHER.
Friday, Jeffrey told his teacher that he felt low after pe and she called for
the nurse.  Well, folks, his bs was 32!!!  We have had seizures at 27.  So the
nurse came and they were able to get him to drink juice and everything was
fine.  Then, Sat, Jeffrey's teacher came by and told my husband that she
wanted to talk to us together, I was out and she didn't tell him anything.  So
I called her tonight and she LIT into me, telling me that testing in the room
was not working, it was completely disruptive to the other students, and she
was not ok with it at all, and after all that happened on Friday, she really
was not ok with it.  I said, well I am sorry you feel that way but regardless
of where Jeffrey is tested, if he has a low, he WILL NOT leave that room, the
nurse will come to him.  Then she said that she did not feel that him leaving
that many times was hurting him academically and I said, well maybe not, but
it is hurting him personally because he does feel different.  So then
basically she hung up on me she just said thank, and hung up. Am I
overreacting???????  I am going up there first thing in the am and my husband
is coming with me this time, he has let me handle it up to now, but now he has
had it too.  Sorry this is so long, I just had to vent to someone. Thanks for
A very ANGRY, Laura, mom to Eryn,9, Jeffrey,7, dx 5/00, and Mary Glenn, 4.