Re: [IPp] re: flu shots

At 10/17/2002, 09:01 AM Black, Katie wrote:
>You must remember that flu shots are NOT for stomach flu, as it is known,
>but for respiratory flu.

As far as I know, the so-called "stomach flu" is not really the flu at all,
but actually gastroenteritis. The dangerous strains of the real flu are the
respiratory varieties. My endo recommends that I get the flu vaccine every
year... but then, this recommendation may vary with age and other medical
conditions. However, I personally think that anyone with an impaired immune
response should really consider getting this shot annually.