[IPp] Re: lancets

> <<On another note, I attended a lecture in which the speaker said that pain
> from finger sticks could be reduced in the lancet were "thrown" and not
> spring loaded (it actually bounces and pricks the skin multiple times in a
> fraction of a second), and also if the lancet travelled on a track to quide
> it.  Without a track it actually wiggles quite a bit.
> Does any one have any information on such a wonderful lancet pen? >>

I was told by a very experienced diabetes nurse, that the Softclix is the
most comfortable lancing device, precisely for that reason:  there is no
side-to-side movement that the others give you.  So that is what Claire has
been using for over 5 years.

I find fingersticks painful, so I can't say if it feels any different than
the others.

Barbara, Mum of Claire 8