Re: [IPp] Re: flu shots

Dear Barbara,

My Julie got the chicken pox vaccine the day that Jessy broke out with
the chicken pox.  I am really gald we did it.  I am expecting Trevor to
get the shot too.  They actually think that chicken pox may have been the
virus that caused Jessy's diabetes (reason why?  They are sure a virus
caused it, and chicken pox was the only time she was really sick before
she got it....makes sense)  Anyway, as for the flu shots?  My kids will
not get it.  I got it once when I was in high school, ions ago, and I
still got the flu, in fact it was the worst flu I ever had in my life.  I
threw up for a week straight (in my highschool days I was pretty thin, in
that one week, I had gone from 98 pounds to 82!  Pretty scary)
Therefore, I refuse the flu shots for my kids.  I just won't chance that
happening to them.

email @ redacted >To:
email @ redacted >Subject: [IPp] Re: flu shots
>Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 20:07:42 EDT > >Insulin Pumpers is made possible
by contributions from forum >members and supporters in industry. Your tax
deductible donation >of $1.00 or $2.00 per month is needed so that
Insulin Pumpers can >continue to serve you and diabetes community. Please
visit: > > http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/donate.shtml > >Your annual
contribution will eliminate this header from your IP mail > > > I
wondered if any kids skip > > the vaccine ama. > > > >None of my kids
have received a flu shot and I don't think I will ever let >them have
one. Claire has never had the flu. (a big knock on wood here). >Only time
in her life to throw up was during her DKA episode. > >My kids have all
received the most important childhood vaccinations, but I >waver at the
non-essential ones. Has anyone's kids had the chicken pox >vaccine? >