[IPp] Re: Attendance at School

>>I have to vent a little bit here.
A couple of days ago, Barbara wrote about Zachary's health problems and
difficulties with school and attendance and such.  I'm sure that all of us
here wished we could have some good answers for her, and could give Zachary a
big hug, too.
Barbara also posted her query for help to the main IP list.  And this is what
I need to vent about.  Someone wrote back regarding this topic and proceeded
to go on and on about how absolutely wonderful their son is<<

Hi Barbara and Barbara,

I totally agree with you.  I was appalled at that person's post, too.
It was incredibly insensitive or just plain stupid!  I just don't
understand where she was coming from???  Didn't she "get" how
upsetting her reply was?  A cry for help from a member, and instead
of helpful advice, she got a slap in the face!

Just so you know, Barbara P., we have our struggles.  Before
diagnosis, Noah was a high honor roll student...straight A+'s.  That
was seven years ago.  Each year after diagnosis, his grades have
slipped a little to where he now carries a B average.  He hasn't made
the honor roll for the last two years.  He's dropped all of his honor
classes except for one.  He has allergy problems and asthma on top of
D so misses a lot of school.  He averages 35 days of missed school a
year...before diagnosis, around 5 days.  The school won't provide a
tutor unless his absence is a long-term one.  (Unfortunately, I think
most public schools operate the same way).  He's doing much better
now since he started allergy immunizations.  The poor kid, he can't
get away from shots!

I wish I had some good advice to share but just wanted you to know
you are not alone!

Cindy, mom to 16 y/o Noah