[IPp] Re: Lancets

I guess some of you don't read the main IP list.  A few times a year, lancet
change day is announced.  I think it coincides with the changes to and from
daylight-savings time and also at the summer and winter solstice.  So watch
for the day coming up soon! :)  Perhaps I shall ask George to post it to this
list as well.

Seriously, this topic does come up on the main list and there are numerous
people who only change their lancet when it no longer works, just a few times
a year.  No one has ever reported getting any sort of infection or problem
from doing this.

For four years I changed Claire's lancet with every use.  Its amazing how
much extra bother this step is when you are travelling, testing in the car,
on airplanes or whatever.  When she began pumping and testing more often, I
quit changing so often and she actually now will yell at me if she sees me
changing it.  But I do try to change it once a day, either after her last
waking time test at night, or before the early morning test.  We use the
Softclix lancets.  But for awhile we used the ones that came with the
Medisense lancer, and they were so hard to change I left them for days at a
time.  Didn't seem to make any difference.

Barbara, Mum of Claire 8