[IPp] vit E oil and testing

Sometimes I put cream or oil on her fingers at night, but I'm concerned
about the oil affecting bg test results overnight.  Anyone have
experience with that?  Lauren never uses her thumbs for tests, so I
started using her thumbs only at night (so I didn't get confused about
which fingers had cream on them to heal overnight). Lauren usually sleeps
through middle of the night checks, but when she woke up once and
realized I was testing her thumb, she wasn't happy.  Maybe we'll go back
to thumbs again for a little while overnight and hope she sleeps through
it.
Thanks for the advice
Karen