Re: [IPp] Good News, Bad News

In a message dated 10/8/02 6:24:53 AM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Thank you.  The thing I don't understand then, is if they can't put her
> on an IEP for just OHI, then why do they make promises to me that they
> will?  I have just so had it with this school and the administrators.  I
> should be concentrating on getting Jessy better and making sure she is
> under control with her sugars, not fighting these people every step of
> the way.

they *can* but they will also test her for academic delays/problems.....we
are trying to get Mary designated Spec Ed with an IEP using OHI to speed up
the process but it is to get her academic help for a developmental delay dx'd
over the summer.....an IEP certainly can be done strictly for diabetes, it is
unusual in my experience, which, of course, is limited...
now ten!