Re: [IPp] Definition of DKA and how to know

One other thing, if the bgs are low and there is
acidosis, it isn't DKA but a more general metabolic
acidosis. There are several  types of acidosis, DKA
being just one of them. They all have their own
specific clinical definitions so low bgs and acidosis
wouldn't be DKA. Just thought I would clarify that

Take care, Kerri
Join me in the Parents of Pumpers chat, Saturdays @
6:30pm Pacific/9:30pm Eastern in the Parents chatroom,
Insulin Pumpers website www.insulin-pumpers.org
Chapman [Heaven's Here on Earth, 1994]