[IPp] Pumping in school-age kid...is there ever stability

> Would like to hear about other parents with kids in school
> on pumps.   I feel I can't get it right.  Always adjusting, adjusting,
> adjusting.  Shouldn't I reach a point where I know what is going to happen?

Wow, if that point is ever achieved in a kid, let us know!  My son Luke,
7, has been pumping for 1.5 years, and we have to make basal adjustments
fairly often.  Over the past 3 months, he's increased from 18-20 units/day
to 22-24 units/day - which requires a tweak here, a tweak there - and hardly
ever in the same block of time.  We do think he's relatively stable on the
pump now as compared to a year ago.  And 2 days ago, he had a day where his
bg's were 90-120 all day long....it was unique because it's the only one
we can remember in 3 years of him having diabetes.

The great thing with the pump is that it's easier for all of us to live
with that constant tweaking, etc.  An older gentleman (60's) at our church has
only had Type 1 DM as an adult, and he wears a pump.  His basals are very
stable.    Hopefully that stability comes before age 60.

Do you Yahoo!?