Re: [IPp] Sleepless near St. Louis & The Pump Died :(

Dear Barbara,

God Bless you!  I hope you and Zachary are fairing well today, and got
maybe a little sleep last night.  I did, I completely forgot to set the
alarm clock for the 2 am check and slept right through until this morning
(bad Mommy)

I'll be thinking of you with that huricane so nearby you.  Don't go out
unless you have to, and I certainly hope that storm does not slow up you
receiving that new pump, it's a bad one (but I'm sure I don't have to
tell you that.)

email @ redacted >To: email @ redacted,
email @ redacted >Subject: [IPp] Sleepless near St.
Louis & The Pump Died :( >Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 03:56:36 EDT > >Insulin
Pumpers is made possible by contributions from forum >members and
supporters in industry. Your tax deductible donation >of $1.00 or $2.00
per month is needed so that Insulin Pumpers can >continue to serve you
and diabetes community. Please visit: > >
will eliminate this header from your IP mail > >Last night (Tuesday)
Zachary's pump did an alarm around 7PM as we were >putting away homework
for dinner. Checked the screen and no message. >Checked the alarm
history, and nothing new there either. > >Hmmmmmmmmmmm. Something told me
to call MM. Left them a >message and talked to the tech an hour later.
She was amazed the >message wasn't there. Told her he'd been out of
school for 2 weeks >with what appears to be a virus and just in case it
was the pump, I was >concerned. We'd also had a problem a few times with
the up button >sticking when we were trying to increase a bolus. > >Since
it's only 6 weeks old (Paradigm) they said they'd ship a loaner >and put
ours in the shop. Loaner would be here on Thursday. > >Pump acts fine
from Tuesday evening until 10:20 on Wednesday evening. >Zachary was
handing it to me to log in his insulin doses for the day and >it beeped
once and watched the screen die. YIKES! We'd just >changed the battery on
Monday night. Changed it again and no luck, >and once again and got it to
start alarming, but not showing any display. > >Called MM again and they
were too busy to call back until midnight. >They were clueless. Luckily
loaner will be here sometime tomorrow. >Till then, we'll be doing BG
checks every two hours and injections >to make up the missed humalog
basals. Don't want to add Lantus >to the scene since loaner is scheduled
to arrive before noon and since >Zachary is prone to dawn seizures with
rapid drops in BGs. Matter >of fact, his nighttime correction formula is
twice as lenient as his daytime >one to help prevent these from occuring.
> >Will check in tomorrow, sleepy for sure. And its storming too!! >
>Sincerely, > >Barbara A. Petzoldt - Pump Mama to Zachary (12 1/2, Dx
2/93, 508 2/02, >Paradigm 8/16/02) --------Jennifer (20), Allison (17),
Rachel (6) >Fenton, MO >email @ redacted >Independent Kitchen
Consultant for THE PAMPERED CHEF.