[IPp] Sleepless near St. Louis & The Pump Died :(

Last night (Tuesday)  Zachary's pump did an alarm around 7PM as we were
putting away homework for dinner.    Checked the screen and no message.
Checked the alarm history, and nothing new there either.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.     Something told me to call MM.  Left them a
message and talked to the tech an hour later.   She was amazed the
message wasn't there.    Told her he'd been out of school for 2 weeks
with what appears to be a virus and just in case it was the pump, I was
concerned.    We'd also had a problem a few times with the up button
sticking when we were trying to increase a bolus.

Since it's only 6 weeks old (Paradigm)  they said they'd ship a loaner
and put ours in the shop.   Loaner would be here on Thursday.

Pump acts fine from Tuesday evening until 10:20 on Wednesday evening.
Zachary was handing it to me to log in his insulin doses for the day and
it beeped once and watched the screen die.    YIKES!     We'd just
changed the battery on Monday night.    Changed it again and no luck,
and once again and got it to start alarming, but not showing any display.

Called MM again and they were too busy to call back until midnight.
They were clueless.  Luckily loaner will be here sometime tomorrow.
Till then,  we'll be doing BG checks every two hours and injections
to make up the missed humalog basals.    Don't want to add Lantus
to the scene since loaner is scheduled to arrive before noon and since
Zachary is prone to dawn seizures with rapid drops in BGs.   Matter
of fact, his nighttime correction formula is twice as lenient as his daytime
one to help prevent these from occuring.

Will check in tomorrow, sleepy for sure.   And its storming too!!

Fenton, MO