[IPn] How it all began - conclusion

We left off yesterday with Insulin Pumpers established, up and
running.

Fundamentally this story not so much about how Insulin Pumpers got
started as it is about a parent of a young girl dx'd with diabetes
and having to fight the "system" to get equitable health care. Not so
different from today, sadly. It's the story about the successes and
how the realization of how valuable an insulin pump is to quality of
life. This turned into a lucky break that allowed for the creation of
Insulin Pumpers and the fullfillment of a wish to somehow make a
difference for other people with diabetes, not just my kid. It
worked! here we are today!!

So, what about Lily? Lily grew up playing soccer with her team
standing around her while she checked her bg's, hoping she would be
OK to start. She played class 1 in our local league then premier
league during high school (high school teem too) as one of the best
fullback's in the league. Diabetes did not slow her down a bit. She
graduated from UC San Diego then studied law at UCLA. Today she
practices both corporate and intellectual property law at a (now
large) startup based in San Francisco.

Two years ago she married and just by chance, a gentleman with
diabetes (Omnipod user). They did not know until after they met that
they were both T1's. Last year she provided me with my first grand-
baby, a little boy and she is expecting a girl in April. The new
parents very pleased!

Diabetes has not slowed her down, she's happy and successful.

For those interested in Lily's perspective, there is a widely re-
published (in the diabetes community) article she wrote years ago
expressing her feelings about wearing a pump. You can read it on the
Insulin Pumpers "KIDS" page. Here's the link to the story:

	http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/pkids/Lilys-essay.shtml

To the business at hand. Insulin Pumpers need to raise funds to help
cover operations for Q4 2019. Please support Insulin Pumpers with a
contribution to our pledge drive. Raising money is difficult and a
small contribution from you would help a lot.

A sustaining contribution of $5 or $10 a month would be amazing!
If you can't afford a monthly pledge, please make a contribution of
what you can afford, at least once a year.

You can make a contribution with any of these links.

	http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/donate/
or

To help in a big way with a donation of $100 or more, please
challenge the other members to match your generosity here:

	http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/challenge/

Insulin Pumpers accepts, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, AMEX and most
other credit and debit cards.

AND...Yes, Insulin Pumpers has joined the 21st century, we do accept
crypto currency, Bitcoin, Ethereum, etc....

...and not to be outdone, we accept JUNK CARS running or not, we'll
arrange to tow them away if necessary.

	http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/cars/

You can mail a contribution by check to:

	Insulin Pumpers
	558 Valley Way
	Milpitas, CA 95035

My best regards,