[IPn] IP is worthy of my support

Hello Pumpers and Friends,

yesterday's website page views: 18776 --- over 768,000 for the month

A Tennessee member wrote to me with these comments that I wanted to
share with you

I wanted to let you know how valuable Insulin Pumpers is to me. I've
been a T1 for 45 of my 57 years and have been pumping now for 12

Every person has special dates is his or her life: a birthdate, high
school/college graduation date, marriage anniversary, diabetes
diagnosis date. I think most IPer's would also include the date on
which they started pumping, in my case 10/3/03. A relative of mine,
who'd heard about IP and thought I should get a pump, suggested I go
to the site and learn about pumping. It didn't take me long to see
how enthusiastic and passionate IPer's felt toward their pumps and
toward each other. Every day I eagerly await the IP's digests which I
read thoroughly. Being a rather shy and introverted person, I seldom
reply to the digests but enjoy reading them daily. There's so much
information on the IP site, not just about pumping, but other
information re diabetes.

When I was doing my research on which pump to get, I went to each
manufacturer's website and spoke to respective customer service reps.
Every one of the customer service reps referred me to the IP site!
Seems like they know how valuable the site is; my decision to go with
my chosen pump was based largely on what I learned from the site and
from fellow pumpers offering their opinions and guidance via the
daily digests.

There's always something new to learn about diabetes and pumping, in
particular. I can't think of another organization so worthy of my
support. I contribute a very small amount of money each quarter to
help support IP, and I feel badly because I'm not able to contribute
more. But I strongly feel that IP is one organization worthy of
support because diabetes affects us every day and the more we can
learn about it and how to manage it better, the greater our chances
of helping prevent complications. I would be greatly saddened if one
day there wasn't sufficient financial support to maintain IP's
existence. That's why I contribute . . . I want future pumpers to be
able to get the valuable information and encouragement just as I did.

Every day there are more and more people who visit the IP site to
learn about pumping. What a resource IP is to these folks. I've also
found that if you have a question or problem relating to diabetes in
general, there's a great chance that either IP or one of its members
has had the same problem or question and will be able to share their
answers or experiences with you. I've found that IPer's seem to be
more informed about diabetes than those who are non-pumpers, at least
that's the way I was before I started pumping. There's so much
information and help provided by IP. I've learned more about pumping
and diabetes management from the IP website and digests than I have
from my endo and PCP. In my opinion one of the ways we can help
Michael and the many IP volunteers who keep IP going strong, is to
provide financial support, no matter how small that amount might be.
Thanks, too, to all those many members who contribute regularly to
help sustain this valuable organization that has helped others and me
so much.

How valuable is Insulin Pumpers to YOU? If you would like to share
your comments, please send them to me privately and I will post them
with a pledge request for our Fall Pledge drive.

....speaking of which, the "former CALIFORNIA" challenge has $180
remaining unclaimed pledge dollars.  former CALIFORNIA will double
the value of YOUR pledge if you make one now. Please help support
Insulin Pumpers for reasons like those above or your own.

To accept this challenge, or  to make a sustaining gift to
Insulin Pumpers visit the donation page at:

If you prefer to send your contribution by mail, pop it in an
envelope and send it to:

	Insulin Pumpers
	558 Valley Way
	Milpitas, CA 95035