[IPn] Plea aa..seeezzz...

We have $450 remaining on the NEW YORK hallenge,
please help match it!

I thought perhaps I would put the pledge drives in context. If you
are a public radio listener, then you know that pledge drives take an
inordinate amount of air time. Several time a day there are pl breaks
that last anywhere from 15 minutes to as much as 30 minutes or more,
EVERYDAY during the drive. This goes on until the funding goals are
reached or exceeded. I'm not fond of pledge drives and am mindful
that they can be annoying. During Insulin Pumpers quarterly pledge
drives, messages to the list are limited to less than one message day
-- that takes a few seconds to read at the most. It is a necessary
evil that this service must pay its bills. I'd be more than happy to
forgo the bucks raised in this manner if there were another source of
funding, but I don't happen to be a zillionaire myself and have not
been able to get Bill Gates or his ilk to foot the bills. In the mean
time, the pledge drives must continue each quarter and go on until
the needed funds are raised to pay day to day expenses. The
alternative is to stop what we do. Sorry, I don't have another
solution.

Many of you may not realize that it takes a lot of effort behind the
scenes to keep Insulin Pumpers going. My highly visible efforts as
well at those of the admin staff mask the efforts of over 40
volunteers and a lot of hard work. Absent all that effort, I'm pretty
sure that chaos would prevail in our hugh mail forum and the content
of the web offering would not be nearly as good as it is. There much
more we could do for sure if there were additional funds available --
I have reams of material just waiting to be published, however, many
would agree that Insulin Pumpers presents a premier service to the
diabetes community. I'd like to keep it that way and improve things
if possible.

To date for this pledge drive, our members have kindly given a bit
over $1,300. That will almost cover a couple of weeks worth of day to
day operating expenses. For this quarter, that leaves ~$3,000 to go.
To those that have contributed now and in the past, thank you for
your generosity. To those of you who have yet to make a contribution
and are financially able, I challenge you to help support this forum
and keep it healthy and financially strong. If you participate and
feel that Insulin Pumpers has helped you and you enjoy the support of
your fellow forum members, then make a contribution to support YOUR
forum. With over 8,000 members we're talking about a penny and a half
a day if everyone would contribute. You probably lose more change
than that! If each member contributed just 30 cents a month -- less
than a buck!!, no fund raising would be needed to reach our goal. I
know that not everyone will do this, and to those of you who have
given more -- much more, you have my sincere thanks on behalf of all
the staff and members as well. So please won't the rest of you
consider making a contribution today.

To accept NEW YORK's challenge or to become a SUSTAINING member,
visit:

	http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/donate

or mail your pledge to:

	Insulin Pumpers