[IPp] Fwd: How Your School Nurse Can Make A Difference in California--NOT for Californians only

Hi all,

I'm posting this for those who might not have gotten
an email from the ADA.  Whatever state you live in
--if you have a school nurse who has been cooperative
about non-medical staff members at school being
trained to help with diabetes-related tasks, your help
is desperately needed.  A safe-at-school agreement is
in danger in CA because of opposition from nurses'
groups.  It is hoped that letters from nurses at
safe-at-school plan schools can counterbalance this
opposition.

Please help if you can.  Nurses' groups sank a
safe-at-school law in Illinois, my state, a couple of
years ago, so now I think the IL effort will be via
the courts, like CA.  A good outcome in CA is a win
for every child with diabetes, wherever he or she
lives.

Mary
Mom of Chris, 24, Carrie, 20, Dan, 16 dz 01 pumping
cozmo 03, aunt and guardian of Mike, 20, wife of Jim