Re: [IPp] Thanks for the support

I know this is not the solution for everyone, but after LOTS of site
problems in a short period of time, we switched to the Disetronic Rapid D
site.  It has a 6 mm or 9 mm needle that stays in the body instead of a
Teflon cannula.  You may think that this would hurt, but my 4-year-old
totally prefers these sites (so quick to put in, just like a little
injection) and I don't have to worry about a kinked catheter.  With so
many other variables fogging the picture, it is nice to get rid of ONE
variable, at least until you can get other things settled.  If you decide
to use it, make sure you get the Rapid D.  The plain Rapid does not have
a site disconnect, which is a huge pain.  The way the Rapid D works is
you get a box of 5 tubes and 15 sites.  You change the site (at least in
theory) every two days and change the tubing every 6.  We don't plan to
use any other site - at least not until we can get our hands on the patch
which I think will work even better with our lean, active 4-year-old.

Good luck!

-Natalie Rodgers
Mom to Andrea 4 (dx 1/28/03, pumping Cozmo 10/2/03),
             Alicia 2, and Carlos 5 months
Married to Tom for over 7 fabulous years
Salt Lake City, UT