Re: [IPp] Re: pop-digest V1 #489

Ohhhhhhh, it get much, much, easier.    But, it IS work.  I always term
that it's "six of one/half a dozen of the other".   Parts of the pump are
more work and always will be, but many, many parts make your life easier
and much more normal.   It's well worth it.  I'd never go back to shots
and neither would my daughter!

>From: "Lori jacobbi" >Reply-To: email @ redacted
>To: >Subject: Re: [IPp] Re: pop-digest V1 #489 >Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003
11:15:40 -0500 > >Insulin Pumpers is made possible by your tax deductible
contributions. >Your donation of $10, $25, or more... just $1 or $2 per
month is >needed so that Insulin Pumpers can continue to serve you and
the rest >of the diabetes community. Please visit: > >
will eliminate this header from your IP mail > >We started the 512 just a
little over a month ago and have also had a site >come out [while
sleeping] replacement of the meter [BDLink] because of >repeated
E3Errors, changing the site more than every other day because of >blood
or itching, hi's and lo's mostly caused by eating PIZZA or other hi >fat
foods and not using the bolus square or dual option ,I'm sure I am
>forgetting a few things too. Everytime any one of these things happened
I >lost sleep and was a wreck all day. But I would not go back to shot
for >anything. We hated the shots and had many problems with them as
well. The >biggest being her numbers. The control was awful and the meal
plan, constant >snacks etc. were all the worst. We would not like to go
back. I asked my >daughter who is 12 what she would say to a 13year old
boy just starting out >and having a few problems with his new pump and
she said " Tell him to give >it a month, that's how long it took me to
get used to it attached to me all >the time." When asked which she would
pick if she had a choice when first >diagnosed knowing what she knows now
and having had shots for a year and a >half she said " I choose not to
have diabetes at all." God love her! So my >advise to you is this, give
it some time, pray for a cure and get some >sleep. Your not alone and it
WILL get easier. >Jill also told me that a new puppy or kitten would help
! She got a puppy >when dx. and the two of them have a special bond. Just
a thought from my 12 >year old. >Best of luck, >Lori, mom to Jill 12 dx
4/02 pumping since 10/21/03 paradigm 512 and Jianna >14 non D >Original
Message ----- >From: >To: >Cc: >Sent: Friday, November 21, 2003 6:23 PM
>Subject: [IPp] Re: pop-digest V1 #489 > > > > Insulin Pumpers is made
possible by your tax deductible contributions. > > Your donation of $10,
$25, or more... just $1 or $2 per month is > > needed so that Insulin
Pumpers can continue to serve you and the rest > > of the diabetes
community. Please visit: > > > >
http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/donate.shtml > > > > Your annual
contribution will eliminate this header from your IP mail > > > > My son
Scott,13, started on his minimed Paradigm on Wednesday, and has had > >
one site fall out and has forgotten to bolus at snack and the wrong bolus
>at a > > correction bolus, I'm not getting any sleep and needed to vent
! Tell me >it > > will get easier ,all the math problems are crazy! I'm
trying to be patient >but > > how long does it take to get used to the
pump,and all the figuring . Any >advice > > would be appreciated! > >
Kayla > > Mom to Scott DX 1/02,and > > Katie,5 non-D > >