[IPp] Re: Paradigm 512

In a message dated 11/24/2003 8:08:32 AM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Was it worth the money to
> upgrade?   Any advice would be appreciated.  Thinking about the big
> move.  Thanks.

Sandra, We love the alarms on the new 512 that remind Jake to check his bg's.
Right now that's the biggest improvement we've seen. The Bolus Wizard would
 be great if I could figure out how to change the active insulin time. Jake's is
mostly gone after 3 hours and definitely gone after 4 hours, but the wizard
 has it lasting for longer. We are not crazy about the BD Logic checking machine
(no backlight and lots of E3 errors if you move it any) We still use the
Ultrasmart most of the time because theBD was to use with the wizard. Our main
 reason for upgrading was in case their was damage to the old pump, Jake had not
been swimming in it, but he had been showering with it on. Hope this helps!
Trena (mom to Jake 12)