[IPp] IPp] Re: pop-digest V1 #489

Kayla -

 <<Tell me it will get easier, all the math problems are crazy! I'm trying to be
patient but how long does it take to get used to the pump,and all the figuring .
Any advice would be appreciated! >>

 It gets easier! The first two weeks are the hardest & I was a basketcase. Bad
insulin (crystals), bubbles in the tubing, etc. But pumping makes life almost
normal again. You will learn to love it (don't even start me on illness, the
pump makes vomiting, fever, refusing-to-eat, so much easier).

 The Cozmo does the calculations for you so I don't know about the calculations
problem, but (Paradigm pumpers, please correct me) isn't there an upgrade coming
out that does the calculations for you? It also has a meter that sends the bg
level to the pump via IR - I think. (I don't pay a lot of attention to the posts
regarding MiniMed because it will be 5 years before Joshua's insurance covers
getting a new, i.e. different pump.

Mom to Joshua 3, dx'd. @ 20 mos. Pumping w/Cozmo 06/03/03,& Jessie 22
western Massachusetts

LifeScan, Inc. http://www.lifescan.com