[IPn] sucesses and future direction

Hi Everyone,

I haven't sent a pledge message for the last few days because of the
healthy discussion that's been going on. Just a few comments.

No, I'm not thinking of making Insulin Pumpers a pay for subscription
service. IP's mission is to bring the knowledge about solutions
to everyday diabetes management problems and modern technology
to "people with diabetes, their families, health car professionals
and the public". To do that IP must reach the largest possible
audience. This is a daunting task, but I believe that IP has made a
large and positive difference in peoples lives since its inception.
There are just a few indicators....
1) the number of kids on the KIDS list has gone from ZERO to over
700. When the list began, it was almost impossible to put a child on
the pump. That list of kids alone, shown to reluctant endos, has
swung the decision in favor for many kids.

2) When IP began, there were only about 50,000 pumper in the United
States around 100,000 world wide. Today there are close to 200,000
pumpers in the United States alone with hundred's of thousands
worldwide. In part due to the educational effort of IP and the
general membership of this site "spreading the word".

 3) The membership of IP has grown from a dozen or so folks to over
4300 ACTIVE participants in our world wide forums with unique IP
groups in Canada, the UK, New Zealand, Australia, Germany, Scandinavia
as well as the US. Members are from almost every country in the world
and every continent. Along the way, IP has served over 12,000
families and individuals. In the last month or so I've received
inquiries from Ethiopia, Malaysia and India and referred these people
to pump resources close to them. I received a nice note (along with a
donation) from a US member traveling in Brazil who needed supplies
and was able to hook up with an IP member there.

All of this is possible because of the support YOU provide to keep
this organization going. It is far more than a "web site" or a "mail
list". What makes IP great is the people who belong to the forums,
the volunteers that work behind the scenes to make things happen and
the knowledge and knowhow that we are able to provide EVERY MEMBER

Your support is vital to continuing this mission.

If you have not made a contribution because you think it's not
needed, think again.

If you have not made a contribution because you think someone else or
some "big" company will step up to the plate, think again.

If you think IP's not worth it to you, think again. Why do you keep
coming back?

Pledge drives will continue because they must. There is no other way
that I've found to pay the bills here. We CAN make them shorter if
more people will give a little. I've never asked you to give much and
I'm sure most of you can afford $5, $10, $20 bucks a YEAR. Most
magazine subscriptions are that much, there are many more examples
that I won't bore you with.

If you think the work IP does is important then help out with a few
bucks. If you get something from IP, give something back, that's all
I ask.

A member from OHIO has sent a generous CHALLENGE of $100.00

Your task for the weekend (should you choose to accept it) is to
MATCH this challenge.

Make your matching contribution or sustaining pledge at:

or make YOUR CHALLENGE to the membership at:

or send your donation by mail to:

Insulin Pumpers
558 Valley Way
Milpitas, CA 95035