Re: [IPp] Re: pop-digest V1 #489

It will get easier...trust me.  As far as the figuring goes....our endo
 taught us a simple way to figure bolus amounts. For example if your child has
an
 insulin to carb ratio of 1 unit per 20 grams, and he or she ate 45grams...you'd
divide 45 by 20 and get 2.2 for the bolus.  This may have already been
 explained to you, but when we started pumping I was rounding off and doing the
math
in my head, then when she taught us this way, I went out and bought a bunch of
mini calculators and now leave one in our "diabetes bag".  It also makes
teaching my seven yr old how to figure bolus amounts easier.
Good Luck.