[IPp] re: pump thoughts

Elaine wrote:  <<Don't worry this will be the best decision in your life you
made for her. Katherine diagnosed 10 yrs ago, 14 now and after 4 shots a day, I
wish for her sake we went on the pump when it first came out. Your daughter
will have better control and be able to eat like a normal child.>>

I couldn't agree more!  My son Luke was on shots for 1.5 years, and since then
has been on the pump - he's had diabetes for 4 years now.  He heartily
recommends the pump to any person with diabetes.  Not only does he get to eat
like a child without diabetes, whenever & wherever he wants, but he also
doesn't have to fight with us every morning about how much he HAS to eat - now
he just eats the amount that fills him up.  Food arguments are GONE - another
benefit of the pump.  His blood sugar still goes up & down - that's the
diabetes - but he lives to his schedule, not to the insulin's schedule.

Shelly V, mom to Luke, dx'd 10/99, pumping 3/01 MM508 + Novalog + Silhouettes

Do you Yahoo!?