[IPn] today (Nov 15) is national philanthropy day.

We are at the halfway point of our Fall pledge drive, rather than
send another pledge message, I will simply pass on this note from an
IP member that she has requested you read.

<BEGIN MESSAGE>*************************************************

Dear Michael--
Why doesn't every member provide a "sustaining gift" for membership
to Insulin Pumpers?  I would like to encourage everyone who uses the
I-P forums to think of it as a subscription--a resource that you need
to make some financial commitment to.  If anyone wants interactive
service with any on-line publication--they need to pay for that
benefit so it just makes logical sense.  If you want to belong to a
club with meetings and support...you need to pay for it.

A couple of years ago I requested the sustaining gift...a simple
monthly payment on my credit card that enables me to feel like I am
helping to sustain the incredible service you and the volunteers
provide!  I don't use I-P often but I know its always there for us and
I don't have to feel guilty when I see the pledge requests...my $25
goes to I-P every month without fail (and...I have that easy record
for tax purposes at the end of every year!)

Please make sure everyone knows how easy the sustaining gift
is---you've always said that the size of the gift should reflect your
ability to pay. If someone can afford a couple of Starbucks coffees a
week they can afford to help us all keep the I-P site healthy.

Without the members of I-P I can't imagine where I would have been
when my daughter was migrating to a pump.  Thanks for everything you
and your team of volunteers do!  I pray that people will start
participating regularly so you can spend less time asking for more
money and more time with your family and other personal goals!

Best Regards,
Connie Fontaine
Mom to Jackie, 12 y/o dx'd 5/98, pumping since 7/99, Cozmo pump

<END MESSAGE>************************************************

If you'd like to join Connie in making a sustaining contribution or
ANY contribution, visit the donor page of the web site at:

To challenge the membership to match your generosity, use the
Insulin Pumpers challenge page at:

Insulin Pumpers
558 Valley Way
Milpitas, CA 95035