Re: [IPp] Re: low numbers and not feeling well

My son was on Lantus prior to the pump. The Lantus is similar to the pumps
basal rates. The boluses we give our kids is similar to the Humalog he takes
 whenever he eats. So in my opinion, and I am NO expert...but I would say that
can eat whenever he wants...he just needs to take a shot of humalog or
 whatever fast acting insulin he takes and then take the Lantus as he normally
 I would also suggest that he test a bit more frequently...because if he is
dancing or sweating and he eats a small snack prior to dinner, he may not need
to take a shot for that, because it may cover a potential low from occurring.
Or, eat the small snack before dinner and served and he may run a bit high,
and then give extra when he takes the dinner shot.
I hope this makes sense.
Sarah :)

Sarah  :)   Single- Mom to Matthew (7) MM Paradigm since May 2002, dxd 3/99
and Victoria (8, turning 9 on Dec. 23rd) Non-D...Love My kids!