Re: [IPp] BD Logic meter

I absolutely hate the BD monitor.  I wouldn't recommend at all.  I've had
three different BD monitors because of problems with them.  BD keeps
replacing them for me.  I took my daughters count one morning and it read
"LO".   I immediately rechecked her count with my Freestyle (I love
it..can't wait to get the "Flash"!) and her count was 129.   I've gotten
many counts "out of range" when I've used the control solution.   I do
not, in any way, trust the accuracy of this meter.  Also, people get a
lot of Error 3's with this monitor.  You waste ALOT of strips.   I really
haven't read much that is positive about this meter.   If I were you, I
simply wouldn't waste my time with it.  HOWEVER.....if you do, I would
love to trade you some BD strips for some Freestyle strips!   I have
about 300 BD strips that I won't use now!

email @ redacted >To:
email @ redacted >Subject: [IPp] BD Logic meter
>Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 12:55:16 EST > >Insulin Pumpers is made possible
by your tax deductible contributions. >Your donation of $10, $25, or
more... just $1 or $2 per month is >needed so that Insulin Pumpers can
continue to serve you and the rest >of the diabetes community. Please
visit: > > http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/donate.shtml > >Your annual
contribution will eliminate this header from your IP mail > >I was
wondering if any of you were using the BD Logic meter and how you liked
>it. Specifically, can anyone compare it to the Ultra and/or Freestyle
meter? > >My local store is offering the Logic free this week with the
purchase of 100 >strips, and will also donate $10 to the JDRF, give you
100 free bonus Air > Miles, and a free box of BD lancets, for the $79
(Cdn) price of 100 strips. > >I see from the CWD site that it gets a very
good write-up, but I'd appreciate >personal observations before
committing to 100 strips. When I bought the >Freestyle I paid only $5,
and didn't have to purchase the strips until I found >out whether or not
we liked it. Now that we have the replacement Freestyle >meter, it is
working quite well, but it is too clunky to carry around and is >
somewhat awkward to use. I love the Ultra and its carrying case which
holds >extra > lancets and pump batteries, but it sure doesn't suck up
the blood very well. I >was spoiled by using the Elite initially after
Claire's dx, it wicks up the >blood really well, but needs a larger
sample size. > >Thanks! > >Barbara, Mum of Claire 9