From: email @ redacted [mailto:email @ redacted]
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2003 9:55 AM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IPp] BD Logic meter

I was wondering if any of you were using the BD Logic meter and how you liked
it.  Specifically, can anyone compare it to the Ultra and/or Freestyle meter?

My local store is offering the Logic free this week with the purchase of 100
strips, and will also donate $10 to the JDRF, give you 100 free bonus Air
 Miles, and a free box of BD lancets, for the $79 (Cdn) price of 100 strips.

I see from the CWD site that it gets a very good write-up, but I'd appreciate
personal observations before committing to 100 strips.  When I bought the
Freestyle I paid only $5, and didn't have to purchase the strips until I found
out whether or not we liked it. Now that we have the replacement Freestyle
meter, it is working quite well, but it is too clunky to carry around and is
 somewhat awkward to use. I love the Ultra and its carrying case which holds
 lancets and pump batteries, but it sure doesn't suck up the blood very well. I
was spoiled by using the Elite initially after Claire's dx, it wicks up the
blood really well, but needs a larger sample size.

Barbara, Mum of Claire 9