[IPp] Pen pals

Hi Barb,
   It's nice that you want to make a list of kids for pen pals, but isn't
the YIP more or less the same thing, only instead of writing letters and
sending them through the mail the kids exchange emails? Do you know that
insulin pumpers has a forum just like this for the kids as they do for
parents of pumpers.  Our list is POP their list is YIP (young insulin
pumpers).  You sign up for it just like you signed up for POP.
      My son's not a writer, but if he did want to write to other kids with
diabetes, I think I'd rather he do it through email than to give out his
      But then again, some kids may like writing actual  letters and waiting
for one in return in the mail.
      Good luck in your endeavor.
Dianne, Mom to Johnny 11