[IPp] hospital- ketones

sorry about the last message it should read she was in DKA

HI All,

Well, it happened again. Eve was in the hospital again. She went in on
Wednesday in DKA. To make a long story short, she was in only 24 hours,
came home Thanksgiving Day. Had IV fluids and IV insulin, potassium,
magnesium, something else, and they gave her a shot of heparin.

I don't know why they would be giving her heparin?

I didn't find out about the heparin until Eve told me about it when she came

Would any one out there know?

The other question is Eve is having persistence trace ketones, how came we
get ride of them?

Are they harmful?

I'm at a lost here, lack of sleep, worrying about Eve and other things.

Deborah mom to Eve 15, and her pump
Dxed 5/3/96 pumping 5/21/99