[IPn] Can you help?

To all  Insulin Pumpers list members.

The MINNESOTA challenge still needs $75 in matching funds from first
time donors. This challenge has been around for over a week now,
don't you think it's time that the 3400 of you that have been
thinking about making a contribution actually got around to doing
it?? It's time to follow the example set by MINNESOTA and give $10 or
$20 to support YOUR forum.

We are nearing the end of the Fall Pledge Drive. We must still raise
$1,500 for each of the months of October, November and December
Just like the public radio funding drives, I dislike fund raising, it
is intrusive and annoying. Unfortunately, it is necessary and must be

Who should donate??
If you are financially able, subscribe to the mail list, and feel it
contributes to your well being, the management of your diabetes or
helps you solve problems that come up, then you should contribute to
the support of the forum. There are just a few shy of 4,000 members
now and a small annual contribution from each would easily provide
our funding needs. Unfortunately, not everyone contributes so the few
who do support the many who do not.

Why should you contribute??
Insulin Pumpers is a non-profit organization that "gives away" its
services. The services still must be paid for. Simple things like
rent, utilities and so on.... People with diabetes are at times
isolated from the rest of society either by happenstance or simply
because they are different. This can make a person feel lonely and
depressed. Forums like Insulin Pumpers provide a 'home' and sense of
community where everyone shares similar concerns and can find a friend
or a helping hand any time 24 hours a day. This is a valuable resource
that deserves your support so that all may benefit.

Who supports the forum now??
The majority of funding come from the forum members.  I've tried
raising money from industry with poor results. In our most recent
attempt, the top 300 Silicon Valley technology companies, the top law
firms serving Silicon Valley and all the venture capital companies
were contacted -- about 600 all together. The results were 16 sorry
letters and $15.00 in postage due. Bottom line... It's up to us
collectively to support our forum. Less than $10.00 from each member
every year would do the job. Since everyone  cannot contribute,
please give what you can.

How to contribute.
You can make a one time donation to help with this pledge drive. You
can give a continuing donation for a year by making a monthly pledge
of $10 or $20 per month. This type of gift is very helpful because it
provides a predictable steady income that we can count on. Or...., you
can go big time and place a challenge of $100 or more to the list
membership which they must match with their individual donations. This
is one of our most valuable sources of income. Challenging the
membership to match your contribution has always brought a double or
triple whammy for the Insulin Pumpers forum.

To see the progress of this funding drive, visit the Thank You page of
the web site and view the chart at the bottom. So far this month we've
manage just under $3,500 dollars.

Where to Contribute.
For single and recurring donations use the Insulin Pumpers donor page

For Challenges, use the Insulin Pumpers challenge gift page at:

OR, mail your check to:

Insulin Pumpers
4600 El Camino Real - Suite 206
Los Altos, CA 94022