[IPp] Results of Heathers Thyroid Scan

Hi everyone... We went to the endo today and got the results of Heathers
thyroid scan. From what we were told Heather does have an overactive
thyroid. The actual term for it is "hot" thyroid nodule. What this means is
that her thyroid is functional, or producing thyroid hormone. Hot nodules
are almost never cancerous (Praise the Lord). They said if they are
diagnosed as hot your doctor may decide that no medical treatment is
necessary. If this is the case then the doctor will continue to check the
size of the nodule and measure TSH levels periodically. If the nodule grows
larger and makes too much thyroid hormone
(causing hyperthyrodism) treatment will be needed to shrink or remove it..
So.... we are going to wait because right now at this time Heather (age 13)
doesnt want to take a pill every day that may or may not help her situation.
Thanks for your prayers and for your friendship.