[IPp] Connecting quicksets

Somebody please tell me - is there some sort of trick for connecting Quicksets?  My 8 year old son did his own set for the first time today.  We had been using Comforts,
but he just couldn't make himself stick that big needle into himself, so we tried Quicksets.  He did great.  I was really proud of him and he was really proud of himself.  But
now we're both just frustrated because we both have a lot of trouble reconnecting (and a little trouble disconnecting).  I remember this being asked before - is there a