[IPp] Re: A1Cs

> <A HREF="http://www.childrenwithdiabetes.com/d_06_h00.htm">children with DIABETES - HbA1c Measurement</A>
> (http://www.childrenwithdiabetes.com/d_06_h00.htm)
> Here's the link to a chart from Childrenwithdiabetes.com that gives
> coresponding values for A1Cs

This page is really great at explaining things.  However, the table on the
page differs significantly from the one I was given from one of our labs.  It
also differs quite a bit from what the nurse told me about Claire's HA1c done
on the Bayer DCA 2000 last May, although the table says it is from the DCA
2000 results.   The next nurse to do a HA1c on Claire using the DCA 2000 in
September didn't have a clue what the average blood glucose was which
correlated with the HA1c value.  Yes, this even was a CDE!!!  I have written
to Bayer for clarification, but they have not answered.  I will try faxing
them next week.

So, what this means is:  get the table from the lab which runs your HA1c
test, to find out the average glucose value associated with your child's
HA1c.  If they say they don't know, insist on them contacting the lab for

Barbara, Mum of Claire 8