[IPp] Re: A1C's

In a message dated 11/13/02 12:13:22 PM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> just got our A1c back from last thursday and my son Josh's went
> up from 6.5 to 7.2.  I didn't get a chance to talk to his nurse, the
> receptionist gave this

It is hard but A1C's are neither bad or good.....they just are.....use it as
a tool  toward the care of your son......my daughter's is 7.7 and I am very
pleased as it represents a lot of work and we are headed in the right
direction but the last one was 8.1 up from 7.8 and it is just a fact...she
was sick a few times and did a lot of growing during that time too.....Mary
has had D over five years and I have learned that the one thing for certain
is uncertainty.....also, if you have eliminated a lot of lows then the number
will be a bit higher but *better* for his health......you are doing a good
job, you are a good Mom......
  Beverly, Mom to Mary, 9 dx'd 97, pumping Animas, and Nick, 10