[IPp] (Insulin being held?--unused insulin rule)

In regard to  unused insulin-we've been told to use a general rule of thumb
that 25-30% of Humolog or Novolog is used up each hour after a bolus, so then
figure how much is left and how much more that will lower the BG using your
own personal insulin ratio for corrections.  We usually use the 25% because
it is simply easier math than the 30% and is less likely to result in  a low

Sherry, mom to Liz, age 13, dx3/01, MM508-5/02